Quality and excellence
In order to achieve its objectives, GSD has developed a business-management system principally based on the EFQM model and the ISO 9001 standard, as well as the ISO 14000 standard which addresses environmental aspects.
This model and management standard requires that the deployment of our mission and vision is expressed in a thorough and comprehensive Strategic Plan, covering the company’s entire activity and featuring a mechanism for coordination and monitoring that guarantees the proper synchronization of all actions established.
The implementation of a management system is complemented by the various tools of the most commonly used and advanced models today, as well as other new or specialized models, helping us to progress towards the achievement of our objectives. The benefits obtained through the application of process-based management are of particular interest.
This process-based management; the use of the PDCA (Program, Develop, Control, Act) or Deming Cycle; the consideration of customer opinions (information, complaints and suggestions); suitable satisfaction measurement (surveys); the implementation of an indicator system for measurement and monitoring; the establishment of preventive and corrective actions; the existence of defined and measurable objectives; the creation of improvement teams, both in horizontal and vertical work; the proper planning and monitoring of our strategy; planned staff training; self-assessments; system reviews; internal and external audits; concern for the environment; and social awareness and responsibility, etc. – in short, the use of the EFQM Model of Excellence and the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14000 standards, the key bases of our management system – facilitate GSD’s development and guarantee an ongoing expectation of continuous improvement and the achievement of better results.
In addition, we also apply various models and certifications that complement our system:
Full implementation of the ISO 9001 quality system
Madrid Excelente, the company was awarded 607 points in the assessment carried out by Madrid Excelente auditors, having gained 10 points in comparison to the previous assessment, and 30 since our first assessment in 2015.
EFR (Family-Responsible Companies)
ISO 14001 (Environmental-Management System)
Ecoescuelas eco-friendly schools program (Awarded with the ADEAC Green Flag)
CBC (Cooperative Bilingual Schools)
Bilingual Schools (Community of Madrid)
School of IT Excellence (CET)
- In 2010, our Cooperative was recognised with the Silver Medal for the Creation of Employment and Performance of Pedagogical Projects.
- In 2014, we were honoured to receive the Joaquín Blume Trophy National Sports Award.
7-Star Award of the Community of Madrid delivered to the GSD Sports Club.
- In January 2017, we received the Madrid Excelente Award for customer trust. This award recognises companies that focus their management on customers in order to achieve their satisfaction.
- In January 2017, we received the first National Educational-Marketing Award for the participative transformation of our brand with inputs from the entire organisation, including families and students.
- For the fifth time, the Down Syndrome Foundation of Madrid awarded GSD the Stela 2018 award for the employment of a person with intellectual disabilities from the Foundation between April 2017 and April 2018.
On 1 June 2018, ADISGUA (Guadarrama Association of People with Disabilities) awarded us in the Labour Insertion category for the labour insertion of four people from their Association in three of our schools.
In February 2018, UCETAM awarded GSD Chairman, Carlos de la Higuera, the Rochdale Award, created in that year, in recognition of his career in cooperatives.
On 7 June 2018, the Antonio Machado Foundation awarded GSD a recognition diploma as sponsor of the second National Antonio Machado Education Award for the protection and sustainable development of nature and the environment.